Moving house can be a pain, especially if you live in rented accommodation and depending on your lifestyle you might find yourself re-boxing and on the go every 6-12 months. This isn’t so bad if you’re moving between fully furnished residences but for those of us lucky enough to own all of our own furniture the experience can often be a nightmare.
Just how bad the nightmare is also depends on what sorts of furniture you’re moving; if your house if one big Ikea flat pack then it isn’t as bad but should you own a large solid piece like a piano, then there are a few extra steps you’ll need to take to ensure it gets to your final destination in one piece.
In all honestly the best way to move a piano is to call a trusted removal company and have them do it. Not only are their removers physically robust but they are experienced and bring all the materials you will need to keep it protected in transit. However if you are determined to a have a crack at it yourself then here is a quick guide to getting it done properly.
For starters make sure you have the following to hand:
- Plastic Wrap or Cloth
- Tape and Cardboard Pads
- Heavy Duty Dolly and Straps
- Weight Lifting Straps
- Van Ramp
- At least 4 strong people
Moving the Piano
- Ensure you mark a clear path from the piano through the house to the van large enough for the piano to fit through.
- Remove any decorations the piano may have attached to it and wrap it up with plastic wrap or clot to ensure none of the lids come loose and that the surfaces are protected.
- With at least 4 people who all know ho to perform manual lifting techniques correctly, lift the piano onto a dolly. 4 people are required as even a small upright piano can weigh up to 130kg.
- Strap the piano onto the dolly an trundle it up an into the van.
I'm a small Introtext for the Register Module, I can be set in the Backend of the Joomla WS-Register Module.